Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Thought of the Day

"Living-really living and connecting with people-requires concentration, not distraction."
    -Joanne Cavanaugh Simpson

Today in class we talked about stress in our daily lives, and how it ultimately creates some kind of informality and loss of connection between us. It kind of made me take a step back and realize how bad stress really is. From the moment I get up and start my day till the time I go to bed, I am constantly worrying about something. Most of the time I'm so consumed in thought.

As for this quote, how does it create informality? Well, pretty much we get so consumed in our daily happenings that it affects the ways in which we communicate with each other. We get caught in the realm of stress and become too focused on what is happening in our lives, that we get distracted and don't even realize how we're talking to other people. This is one cause of miscommunication. Sometimes, you don't even realize, or don't mean to talk to someone in a bad way- people take that the wrong way. I think it's important to live and focus on the moment and try not to get distracted by stress. But, this is easier said than done-sometimes I wonder if that's even possible?

No comments:

Post a Comment