Tuesday, March 29, 2011

'Most Stylish New Yorker'-Kid Cudi

Scott Ramon Seguro Mescudi, also known as Kid Cudi is one of today's hottest entertainers. His music is unique and, in my opinion, the same goes for his style. Some may not think that Kid Cudi is the epitome of fashion-and I wouldn't go that far either. But, part of the idea of fashion, is being able to express yourself and letting your personality reflect through what you wear. Cudi is a perfect example of what fashion represents and that's why he is a fashion icon, in my opinion. He can rock the graphic tees with oversized glasses and he most definitely wears a suit quite well!


His style: “Simple and classic.”

His inspirations: “I always took [style tips] from my older brother and sister, who wore simple, classic things. But I still layered a lot, and in high school, I was a young young’un, all Phat Farmed–out, wearing Sean John, Ecko, Rocawear and Akademiks. I felt like I needed to buy what was cool, instead of just wearing comfortable shit. Now I feel like my personality is this character, and when you watch a cartoon show, the characters aren’t changing their outfit every 15 seconds. That’s why I wear the same jeans every day.”

I was unaware of the fact that Kid Cudi was named one of the most stylish New Yorkers! He was given this title on February of 2010 by Time Out New York. But, I have to say, I'm not too surprised with their choice-his style is definitely unqiue!



Interview, video and photos by Time Out NY

No comments:

Post a Comment